Blind Listening Tests
A "blind test" is a method of testing in which the people being experimented on have no idea about what they're getting. This test method prevents results from being influenced by any a priori information. In the field of Audio, blind tests truly highlight what a listener is able to hear. Take up the challenge with the following tests:
- Find the smallest difference in sound level you can spot.
The Level Series: 6dB 3dB 1dB 0.5dB 0.2dB 0.1dB
- Find the smallest difference in pitch (frequency) you can hear.
The Pitch Series: 50c 20c 10c 5c 2c 1c
- Find the highest dynamic range offered by your listening environment.
The Dynamic Range Series: 36dB 42dB 48dB 54dB 60dB 66dB 72dB 78dB
- Do you have the absolute hearing ability?
The Perfect Pitch Blind Test: C Scale Chromatic
- Are your ears sensitive to Absolute Phase?
The Absolute Polarity Blind Test: Here
© 2007-2010 AudioCheck.net